Friday, November 09, 2007

Awful experience

Well, I learned something as a mother today, as I do everyday. Do not put baby oil on your baby's head for cradle cap...at least if your baby has a wig of hair like ours does. Her hair is SO greasy. I have washed and washed and washed it, but the oil won't come out. Eventually I guess it will work it's way out, but for now I just have a child with a greasy head. Googling my mishap, I'm not the only person that has ever done this treaded thing to their child. I have a few more things to try...Dawn dish soap, baking soda, etc.

2 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you have to go through that! But, I'm glad to have read it and learned from your mishap. Please share more of those before I make the same mistakes in a few months. :)

Anonymous said...

That's what they use on the baby ducks when there is an oil spill.... dawn dish soap! Hope it works! Otherwise, I think she will look cute wearing a hat for a couple of days! Don't worry... at least you didn't turn it a different color or anything!