Friday, February 13, 2009

ABC's....WHAT???

Last night we stayed home from small group cause I got a bad migraine. I was laying in bed and Lee was giving Isabel her bath. I could hear them talking and playing. I heard Lee start to sing the ABC's song to Isabel. Lee goes...A, B, C, D, E, F, G...and then stops. All of sudden I hear from Isabel...H, I, J, K....WHAT??? Wait a minute...where in the world did she learn that? I think Lee was shocked too and to make sure it wasn't a fluke I heard him repeat himself...sure enough she did it again. I'm amazed how she is learning so quickly. She's starting to sing songs a lot now or request to hear certain ones on her CDs we play in the car. It's been fun.

On another note, I had a check-up yesterday and the baby seems to be doing fine. I have my ultrasound in 3 weeks. We are excited to see more of this little one. The last two times (well the only two times) I have gone both Drs. I have seen have predicted a boy. Yesterday the Dr. thought it was a boy cause it was moving all over the place when she was trying to find the heartbeat, and then when I told her about my headaches she said, "oh yes, definitely a boy." We'll just see in a few weeks.

6 comments:

Paulina said...

oh my goodness that is impressive! sophie can identify some letters but certainly can't sing her abc's!!! isabel is quite a smarty pants!

Rachael Neal said...

what a little smarty pants - just like her mom and dad!

oh...wouldn't a boy be so much fun! can't wait to hear what you're having!

Unknown said...

I think I might know where she started saying the ABC's my dad kept singing it to her and Lydia yesterday. They would repeat the first few letters back to him. So that was fun and Lydia says some of them now too.

the Pie family said...

yay for boys!!! good job on your letters, isabel! would you please teach them to jacob!!

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh my - Boys cause headaches? I've never heard that. I mean, I know they did when I was a teenager, but even from the womb? :) I'll be interested to see how true it is...I've taken 6 tylenol today.

Carrie S said...

I wouldn't say the moving part makes it a boy as Sterling wouldn't stay still long enough to let the dr. check her heartbeat last time.
Can't wait to find out what you're having.