What's better on Valentine's Day than donuts...nothing for Lee and Isabel. I like them, but they love them! So we went out to Remke bakery and had a nice relaxing breakfast.
We basically hung out the whole day as a family. It was really nice. That night we put Isabel to bed and instead of going out, we cooked a delicious Valentine's day dinner complete with steak, baked potato, and broccoli and cheese. It was yummy!!! We got out the fine China and candles and it was an awesome time...complete with no restaurant noise, no waiting forever for your food, and no tips. Checkout the steaks!:)
Today, President's Day, we wanted to do something special. I had the day off from watching kiddos, so Lee took the day off too and we took Isabel to the Newport aquarium. She loves reading about aquatic things in books, so we thought she would like it. Her new favorite word is "octopus." She did like it. On the way home, she talked about the fish, sharks, penguins, turtles, frogs, birds, etc. We could not get Isabel to look at the camera while in the aquarium, there was just too much to look at.
Isabel touching the starfish. I think this was her favorite part. She picked it right up and flipped it over.





5 comments:
Nice looking steaks! :) The aquarium looks like fun!! Do you guys have a pass? I would love to take Michael there, do you know where there are coupons or something?
We don't have pass. I did find coupons on this website: http://www.cincynorth.com/coupons.php?id=19. If you plan to go there more than once in a year, it's actually cheaper to get an annual pass. I think they are having a deal right now on them.
How fun!
We did something very similar on Saturday night. Dinner at home. We even had an almost identical dinner. Great minds think alike, I suppose.
Isabel is so darling. I saw her in the nursery when I was passing through yesterday. I saw her from behind and thought, "That little girl is so cute!" Then she turned around and it was Isabel.
golly you have a cute kiddo!
The quiet night at home sounds wonderful. We love the aquarium, but only go when we stack up enough of the free passes for kids that come in the birthday envelopes from Johnny's Toys. Looks like Isabel loved it. I love watching my children have new experiences and experiencing the world through their eyes - total joy!
Post a Comment