I thought I should give an update on Lee because it's been awhile and several people have asked me how he is doing.
It's been 10 weeks since Lee's fall. We continue to praise the Lord for so many things! He's made significant progress in his range of motion. According to the Dr., he's passed what they would consider successful for that kind of surgery. He still can't straighten it fully and may never be able to...but he'll continue to try and work on it.:)
He just saw the Dr. again today and the Dr. has lifted all restrictions. Now this doesn't mean that he will be able to do everything because he may still lack strength or range of motion, but he can try as much as he wants.
We just got word that insurance will cover 8 more weeks of physical therapy, so that is another answer to prayer.
His arm is still really stiff (and sometimes painful) everyday and he has to exercise it. Once he does that though it seems to feel better. We're hoping the more he uses it the better it will continue to get. He was excited he was actually able to mow the lawn for the first time in 3 months yesterday.
Thank you all so much for your continued encouragement and love you have shown us. We can never thank you as much as we would like.
2 comments:
Candace,
I have a great memory; it just doesn't last very long sometimes. However, I don't remember hearing about Lee's fall. I'm glad that he's made so much progress.
I was just thinking of Lee today and wondering how he was healing. I didn't realize it had been that long! I was actually thinking of it because I was picturing you guys in Cozumel and Lee just sitting sadly in the sand because his arm was still in a cast. Glad to hear he's getting better!
Post a Comment