It's seems hard to believe one year ago today I was sitting in church and got a text message from Lee that said, "I fell and I'm hurt." Little did I know how far Lee fell or how God had truly spared his life, how he only broke his elbow when it could have been his neck, back, pretty much anything else. Still today we feel SO blessed by our church family, and all those that poured out their love to us during that time. Looking back I could list all the ways God helped us through that journey, but I probably would go on and on. Okay, I'll just tell one "way." Lee's surgery was supposed to be out-patient. He would have the surgery and would be able to go home. Well, some other surgeries came up before Lee's and so we had to wait. He didn't end up having it until the evening. Because of the late hour and just how Lee was feeling the Dr. felt it was necessary to keep him over night. Although I tried to bravely agree with the Dr. that was the best thing to do, I was devastated inside. I hate sleeping alone, not to mention I had a 3 week old baby I figured I would be up several times that night. I was so exhausted, emotionally and mentally. I left the hospital and went home. I broke down in tears when I got home, assured my friend who had been taking care of Isabel that I would be ok and got ready for bed. That night my 3 week old slept for 6 hours straight. I slept too. I felt so refreshed. It was really the best thing for all of us. I know so many were praying for us. Like I said I could tell so many stories like this. We are forever grateful and thankful that we have someone greater to put our hope in, Jesus Christ.
So what is the update on Lee and his elbow (cause some have asked)? Well, it's fully functional, for the most part. He won't ever be able to fully straighten or extend it, at least in this life. Some said after a year's time he wouldn't even notice that he broke it, but he does. He still has some pain and certain activities (like swimming) seem to bother it more, but all in all we can't complain.
In other news...like many other families we know, we made it over to the fair again this year. Again, it was full of fun. Last year it was the day after we went to the fair that Lee fell, so I told him no climbing latters this year after we go. I don't know why, but I was surprised we ran into several people we know. It was fun to talk and enjoy the fair fun together.
This was Isabel's favorite ride - The Banana Slide

Isabel and a co-workers little girl we ran into while there

Ana wishing she was just a bit bigger to go on the rides

The Ferris Wheel. From a distance it looks like it goes really fast, but when you are on it, it's not that bad.

The girls enjoyed climbing all over the different tractors

2 comments:
Praising God with you for Lee's recovery and His faithfulness through that entire trial. Love seeing your kiddos have fun. Miss you guys!
We are so glad for the amazing recovery and the ways you have seen God working. Love you guys.
Post a Comment