Monday, March 14, 2011

Our little trooper

I was sitting on the couch reflecting on what a nice day it was and how blessed I am. Lee and I had done some major cleaning over the weekend and had washed, folded, and put away all the laundry. It was basically a free day for me. I could just sit back and relax.

All that of changed quickly when my two little munchkins were chasing after a balloon. The littlest munchkin, Ana, tripped and gashed her head open right on the corner of the wall. There was blood and lots of it. I got the bleeding to stop after awhile and searched in our first aid kit until I could find some butterfly stitches.

I think the worst part was calming Isabel down. She was so upset about the situation and kept saying, "mommy, it was my fault." I think she thought she tripped Ana. I kept telling her accidents happen and tried to get her to help me with various tasks to calm her down.

In the mean time, I called Lee and told him I didn't know if she needed real stitches. I couldn't get a hold of my mom (a nurse) so ended up calling our Drs. office. Since the gash was still open somewhat and I couldn't get it pulled together tight, they recommended we take her to the ER for stitches. Lee met me there and took Isabel out for a "special treat," a great distraction for her.

I must say I was really impressed with the ER. They got us in right away. We didn't have to wait at all. The only time we had to wait was for 30 min. when they put a numbing cream on so she wouldn't feel getting the stitches put in. She was a brave little girl and did SO well. She has always been mild mannered that way. We watched Elmo on youtube while we waited and she got a sucker at the end so she was happy.

So here's our little trooper. This is a less bloody, happier (cheesy) picture of her...

4 comments:

the Pie family said...

GREAT picture! love it! why didn't lee go into the ER? :D ha ha ha
glad she is ok. what a sweet sister isabel is.

Paulina said...

Praise God that she reacted so well, and how sweet of Isabel to be so concerned for her sister!

Cleary said...

Reminds me of Emma...

Heather said...

Glad she handled it so well!!! Sweet little girls! Love the pic!