We had a great memorial day weekend. There is something about being together as a family, for more than an evening that I just LOVE (ok who doesn't). Then I find myself after it is all said and done missing my companion, counting down the hours until he comes home from work, and desiring an adult conversation every now and then.
Anyway...it all started with us painting...what were we painting? The girls new shared room, which includes a big girl bed for Ana. It really turned out pretty cute. Not everything has a place yet. Stuff is still here and there, but it's functional and that's what matters. They have been doing pretty well. It's not so much the sleeping part that's a problem, but the getting to sleep part...which I suppose should be expected for two little talkative girls. The first night Ana wasn't really upset, but for some reason Isabel felt the need to console her none the less. She was telling Ana, "It's ok, God is always with you." Then she started reciting some verses she's memorized. I must say it was a proud parent moment (they seem rare sometimes).

With the whole moving around the girls rooms, it's brought out different feelings. I'm not sure if it was that it meant they are growing up, or the fact that we are making space for a new addition to our family, which will change life yet again. I know everyday, I feel more and more I need to rely less on my own strength and more on the strength from the Lord. Grace's parenting sermon series couldn't come at a better time for our family. I'm still trying to process all I am learning, but I think what I've held onto the most is that I need to try and deal with my sin, even before I deal with my girls. We are all learning, that's for sure.
3 comments:
I'm glad we could share in some of those fun times with you.
Change can be hard...I hope everything feels 'normal' soon and your back gets better!
Praying for you! Those last weeks of pregnancy, with all the anticipation, always make me sad. I fear for my children and how they will deal with the new baby. But, once that baby arrives, you're all going to have so much more love for one another. Hang in there mama. You're doing great!
You are an amazing mom and I love you so much!
Post a Comment