It was a stretching experience I tell you.
I was reminded of the memory verse Isabel has been learning in school, "Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap, or store away in barns, and yet their Heavenly Father feeds them." Matthew 6:26
So it's the end of the week and our refrigerator and pantry are both looking VERY empty, but we got through the week and never missed a meal (without going out). Last night I was scouring the pantry and refrigerator. I had some chicken I could make, but not enough for everyone to have their own piece. I had some pasta, cheese, small can tomato sauce, a can of tomato juice. I decided to make a chicken parmesan, but I didn't have much parmesan, so I used mozzarella, which I think is equally as good. I didn't have enough tomato sauce so I used some milk and reduced it down and added it to the tomato sauce to make it a bit more creamy. Added some frozen onion and garlic I had on hand, which makes almost anything delicious. Anyhow, it all turned out very good! The sauce was probably the best I've ever made using ingredients I usually wouldn't use for a sauce for chicken parm. I'm no Pioneer Woman, but I was proud of this dish.
And yes, I REALLY do need to go to the grocery store now!
3 comments:
I love this! I was just thinking about using ingredients in the house for dinner tonight since we haven't been to the store in awhile. I'll be close, but will still need to pick up some salad. :) Thanks for being an inspiration!
We have this conversation every week! And sometimes I win. :) Isn't it so satisfying to know you really don't have to make gourmet meals every night? Sometimes we just have cereal. :)
Well done Candace!
Post a Comment