Friday, November 25, 2011

Taking time to say thanks

Taking time to say thanks

It seems like each year, our nation celebrates Thanksgiving less and less, making Christmas a priority, less the "Christ" part too. The Black Friday store hours open earlier, the stores are OPEN on Thanksgiving. Yet year after year we have been the blessed ones. We haven't had to work. We've been able to spend time as a family. As we were enjoying each others company today, I thought, this is it. This is what God intended when he first created the garden, Adam, and Eve. He wanted His creation to enjoy one another, live together, and enjoy His Creation. So today I'm thankful for what God intended, and I'm thankful that in this sinful world I got to see a glimpse of it. And most of all, I'm thankful He sent His son, Jesus, who took away my biggest problem!

"Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!" - 2 Corinthians 9:15

Thanksgiving weekend 2011
Just hangin' out
Thanksgiving dinner with friends
A trip to the Museum Center to see the Holiday Trains (none of which we got pictures of...Oops)
Picking out our live Christmas tree...Is this the one?
Klara helped too
Nope...this is the one.

No comments: