So last night Lee and I were looking for something to do. We thought, hey we could make some cookies. As I mentally went through the ingredients we would need I discovered we didn't have any eggs. Bummer. Then one of us said, well there must be a recipe on the internet for cookies that doesn't use eggs. Sure enough, we found one for Peanut Butter cookies. The recipe looked fairly simple and we had all the ingredients. We decided to half the recipe because it said it made a lot and we didn't want that many.So the timer goes off and Lee and I pull the cookies out of the oven excited to taste them. We both take a bite and chew and look at each other and then just start to laugh. Well, let's just say the cookies were pretty much GROSS! We had decided to make a few with some chocolate chips/butterscotch chips that we had and do some plain ones too. The ones with chips tasted a little better, but still they just weren't that good.
Anyway, the moral of the story...don't attempt to make cookies when you don't have eggs.
4 comments:
They sound awful but I can totally understand the need to eat a sweet treat... Ive conjured up some crazy recipes in my desire to appease my sweet tooth as well...
So Matt says that in the time it took you to look for a recipe without eggs, you probably could have run to Flicks and bought some. Haha!
i agree with matt and rachael. :) did baby nordine like the cookies?
Well, if it hadn't been after 9 p.m. we probably would have run to Flicks...okay, okay...let's just call it lazy:)
Post a Comment