Sunday, June 01, 2008

Where's the meat from?

Lee and I were checking out at the grocery store, both hungry having not had dinner yet Lee picked up some beef jerky for the ride home. Sounded like a good snack. On the ride home we chow down the jerky. As we finish the bag, Lee looks on the package and reads, "packaged in the USA." We both kind of look at each other with a grins on our faces and say, "so where did the meat come from?":)

This reminded me of a childhood memory. I was driving downtown with my dad. I don't remember how old I was, but I do know that I could read, well sort of. Downtown on some sort of sign it read, "Lions meet here." I spoke with shock to my dad, "Dad, they serve lions meat there."

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

haha. cute.

Rachael Neal said...

funny - but gross. i do wonder where that meat comes from!?