When I was in High School my youth group would go on a missions trip every summer. It was really one of the highlights of my year. One year we went to Inner-City Chicago and at that time it was one of the poorest/worst neighborhoods in Chicago. The theme for the missions trip was "Get Out"...in the sense of "Get out of your comfort zone." I was reminded of this yesterday when we had our "pork on the pavement" (formally "lunch on the lawn") lunch at church. I forced myself, and yes I had to really force myself to go up to people I didn't know and introduce myself, not something I would typically do. It's amazing how carrying a 1 year old around can help you though...it really helps strike up conversation. Really people could care less about me, it was Isabel they wanted to see!:) I really don't remember many names of the people I met, but hopefully I will remember most faces and will at least be able to greet them another time.So my challenge to all who read this is, get out of your comfort zone. Do something this week you otherwise wouldn't do. You never know what a blessing it might be to you and whoever it is you come in contact with.
No comments:
Post a Comment