Cydney and I had been thinking for several weeks on how to surprise our husbands for their birthdays (Lee and Jesse share the same birthday, Dec. 31, and are the same age), something we've never been able to do. It just so happened one day we were both watching TV at the same time at our own individual houses and saw a commercial for a STOMP concert. If you don't know who STOMP is, they are a percussion group that uses basically everything but real drums to make noise (garbage cans, lighters, brooms, paint cans, washboards, etc.) I was looking up info for it on the
internet when
Cydney called me about it. It was the perfect birthday idea. So we bought tickets, kept it to ourselves until the day of the concert and SURPRISE!!! We pulled it off. The guys had no idea what we were doing until we walked into the theater. It was funny though the whole way there they were trying to guess what it was: Disney on Ice?
Bryan Regan? (yes he was in town and that would have been awesome, we think we did see his RV though), Ice skating in Fountain Square?, etc. Thankfully they weren't
disappointed when we got there.
It was a fun night. The concert was great, and it even had a lot of humor I wasn't expecting.
Now the photo below is from the concert, but I was asked not to post it on my blog by certain individuals, so I've done some editing so faces would be disguised.:)
5 comments:
you are SO naughty!
how fun! wish I could see the smiling faces. :) haha!
I saw STOMP years ago and totally loved it. Very fun.
And I wanted to stop by and say congrats on the little one! I read a comment on someone else's blog congratulating you and was so surprised!! I'm very excited for you both. Here's a little prayer for an illness-free first trimester!!
how fun!
Ooops.
I was John, in case you were wondering. That always happens when I accidentally sign in with Ben's email address.
Post a Comment