Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I really am pregnant


I knew there was something I was going to blog about today and I just couldn't remember what it was...oh yea...duh...I finally went to the Dr. yesterday. I guess my pregnancy is showing in my memory. The appt. was really short and sweet. The Dr. said I look good, the baby looks good, and that was that. We also got to do an ultra-sound and see it's arms and legs kicking, spine, and heart beating. Isabel really liked watching the baby on the screen, but I think she wasn't quite sure why it looked different than baby Kate or her baby dolls. The ultra-sound picture isn't that clear, but you can at least tell there is a baby in there. I think Isabel will be a great big-sister. Today she was helping me pat Kate's back to burp her, and she loves kissing her. It will be fun to see. It's at least nice to see that I really am pregnant. You know when you start feeling better towards your second trimester you are kind of like...I feel good, I'm not really showing...is there really a baby in there? I'm sure I will be feeling the baby and showing soon enough...Lord willing, I'll have many months feel pregnant:) The Dr. said he can give me something for my headaches if need be, but I'm going to try to get through it without anything. I've only had one terrible one this week so hopefully they will stop soon enough.

If you think of it, please pray for a girl who I knew in college, Jill. I found out yesterday she went into labor and lost her baby at 20 weeks this past weekend. I can't even imagine her loss. Thanks.

3 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

pregnancy is such a miracle - and a very beautiful thing. glad to hear you're feeling better.

Kentucky Kate said...

How fun :)

Carrie S said...

Sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble with headaches. My struggle is with insomnia. I remember, this time especially, wondering if I really was pregnant and being so glad to hear the heartbeat and know it really was real! We're so excited for you guys. And, I hope it's okay that I followed a link on Krissy's blog to yours. Blessings!