Friday, February 27, 2009

Soooo Happy....paci update

This morning Lee and I were getting ready in our room and Isabel walks in with an extremely happy face. She looked soooo happy. I noticed she had something in her hand, so asked her to show me what she had. Well, it was a paci she had found...somewhere. I asked her ever so sweetly, "Is that Kate's paci?" Isabel looked at me ever so seriously and said, "I-bel's." Mommy couldn't fool her.

Really though, she has been doing great with no paci. She doesn't get it at all at night now, and goes down very well. Every now and then I'll give it to her for a nap or part way through a nap if I think she needs to sleep longer than she did, but it's rare. All in all, I'm pleased with her progress and glad we did it when we did.

At Isabel's last Dr. appt., our Dr. was telling us how his son was turning two and they were going to wean him of the paci. He was like, "you want to do it for us." Our response, "no thank you!"

1 comment:

Carrie S said...

Way to go. We're also done with Isaac's except that he's been sick the last week and has gotten it, also, for a few sleep moments just so that he can rest and get better!