Monday, June 01, 2009

Next month...

Every week I go to work I'm constantly asked by people I work with, so when are you due? I know this is a normal pregnancy thing, but I think cause I'm only at work 2 days a week people don't see me as often so ask more often. Well, I can now officially tell them...NEXT MONTH:)

Quick pregnancy thoughts:
  • This baby's more of a roller than a kicker
  • She gets hiccups a lot which I don't remember that much with Isabel
  • She kept me up in the middle of the night for the first time this past weekend
  • Even though she's getting everything handed down to her from Isabel (bedding, clothes, etc), I still want to try to make some stuff her own
  • Not sure if I'm ready for sleep deprivation
  • My normal non-pregnant self would want to be sitting outside in the sun sun-bathing, but my pregnant self wants to be in my bed napping in the air conditioning.
  • I'm curious to see how this baby will be like/not like Isabel
  • Lee's observed I've started to waddle instead of walk
  • I'm getting a prenatal massage this Friday (Isabel's Mother's Day gift to me) and I'm SO excited:)

3 comments:

Paulina said...

I've been surprised by how many gifts Claire has received (as in new clothes & such) which is kind of nice that she can have her own things! Even though, I too am glad we can reuse almost everything of Sophie's! I'm sure your little one will also be showered with her own things :) And yay for your massage!

The Talberts said...

Ooooh. A massage. I have always wanted a prenatal massage. I've told Ben that I will just keep having to get pregnant until he gets me a real massage ("real" because when I mention that a massage would be wonderful, he says, "We don't have to pay money for that. I'll give you a massage!" Only it lasts for like thirty seconds and he's asleep.)

Also .. I second what Paulina said - Eli got quite a few gifts from others when he was born. And we think it's so special when we put Eli in an outfit that brings back a flood of memories of Jacob wearing the same thing. It's fun to hand down those sweet little outfits.

Carrie S said...

Funny what you said about sleep deprivation. With the preterm labor going on for over 5 1/2 weeks now, I'm actually looking forward to some opportunities to sleep AFTER she arrives!
I also think you'll be surprised how many new things you'll get for your new bundle of joy and it will balance well with how much fun it will be to see those special outfits of Isabel's worn again!