Tuesday, August 11, 2009

God's Grace and Successful Surgery

Lee's surgery went very well yesterday. Dr. Grunkemeyer (attends our church) was able to fix everything and even hopes to have Lee start moving it somewhat tomorrow when we go see him for follow-up. We felt so blessed to have Dr. Grunkemeyer do Lee's surgery. He went over every step with us, prayed with us before surgery, it was blessing! It ended up being a little later day than expected so they kept him overnight, which was probably good for both of us and we both needed much rest.

I haven't had that exhausting of a day emotionally and physically in a long time. I know people were praying because Ana slept longer than she ever has at night (almost 6 hours). Through it all we have seen God's grace poured out abundantly!!! Words cannot express the gratitude for all the prayers, emails, voice mails, help with our kids, etc. I was talking to my dad yesterday and telling him all the help we have been getting and his response was, "wow, sounds like you have a GREAT church family." Literally within hours of Lee's accident we had people praying for us all around the world! We feel overwhelmed with love and support! I remember on Sunday morning singing, "Grace upon grace flows down flows down." My heart was not in a worshipful mindset and I remember thinking, "Candace, think about what you are singing." Wow, have we seen God's grace flow down on us!

We are not sure at this point what time they will let Lee go home. I spoke to him this morning and he sounded more like himself, not so tired. I guess they told him at some point he had a fever, so not sure how that will effect his going home. Some friends are picking up Isabel this morning and then Ana and I plan to head over there.

Anyway, I just wanted to say THANK YOU again!!

No comments: