Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Working on negativity

Awhile back Cydney posted about the "NO monster." Well, I think we have a similar situation on our hands. Isabel has been very...well...negative lately. All day I either hear:

"My can't __________"

or

"My don't like_______" Sometimes this is followed by a smile and then she says, "My's likes it."

or

"Don't hug me, don't kiss me, don't love me, etc."

I understand she can't do some things on her own yet, but today she was so pathetic...she said, "My can't get my milk," which was only about a hands reach away.

We're still working on her grammar too...My, Mine, I, etc. And when she gets frustrated with us correcting her, she just starts speaking in the third person, "Isabel doesn't like it."

Ah...my sweet two-year-old!:)

3 comments:

Paulina said...

Ahhh...don't you just love 'em? Seriously, one day we will just look back and smile, but right now it certainly can be frustrating! Lots of prayer needed :)

Rachael Neal said...

the whiny no monster has entered our household. i don't think i can handle spanking her one more time for saying no to me - and she turns around and does it again. *sigh* i'm with paulina, i hope we can laugh about it later. :)

The Talberts said...

Each stage has such unique challenges, doesn't it? Also wonderful blessings! I think it helps little ones when speech isn't such a frustrating obstacle. When J and L begin to whine or flail about (or whatever the aggravating outburst of choice is at the moment), I encourage them to use their words to tell me how they feel or what they're thinking. It seems like that reminds them that they actually do have words that they can use instead of grunts and cries.