Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Happenings - trying to play catch up

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. We've been celebrating Christmas with some of our closest friends, our "family" away from family and have been having a great time.

I'm not going to write much, but just some captions with pictures.

COOKIES
Our friend, Cydney, graciously invited us over to make a mess of her kitchen and get sprinkles pretty much EVERYWHERE while we enjoyed making gingerbread cookies and decorating them. I don't know that we'd win any awards for our decorations, but they sure tasted yummy and we had fun in the process. Friends
We celebrated Christmas with our good friends, the Pie's. We had a great night of just hanging out, eating yummy Chili, cornbread, etc. The kids were fighting over presents. Fun times! I love the picture of Ana getting a cup of tea from Cydney. Oh, and Isabel got her first Barbie ever.The Farm
One of my closest friends from work, Jim (aka Grandpa Stiles to the girls), invited us over for dinner. Their family who lives next door to them has cows, horses, and chickens which we got to see. We had SO much fun and ate some incredible food Grammie Stiles made!! I still feel full! Thank you for having us over!!! You are SO dear to us!

The Boss
We also celebrated with my boss, Carl and his wife (Masami). Carl is more than my boss he is one of our closest friends. We appreciate them so much. Lee's cousin got the girls these adorable matching jumpers they wore to their house. With Masami being Japanese we always have an awesome cultural experience with them. We grilled Korean style on a grill...it was SO yummy!


Buddies
Four little kids in a photo shoot...tricky, but not impossible. Up Yonder
We're enjoying MI and seeing family. Isabel gets to wear Papa's socks, ride on daddy, and go play in the snow. She's pretty much in heaven on earth.

Fire
Ana meeting her Great-Grandma for the first time. Great-Grandma had some excitement yesterday as there was a fire in her apartment building. Thankfully, she was okay and she didn't have any damage.
So I told you I had to catch up...that's all for now!:)

1 comment:

The Talberts said...

Merry Christmas, Nordines! I'm glad you guys are having a good time.
The pictures of Isabel enjoying time with Daddy are so cute. I think our kids' favorite part of any holiday is just the relaxing days spent with Ben home and no pressure or deadlines.
Peace and joy to you guys!