Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Our little trooper

Thanks to everyone who prayed for Isabel and her surgery this morning. It went very well. Once they got her in it was so fast, just about 5-10 minutes. The worst part was when she came to. I guess she woke up pretty fast so they called us in sooner than they usually call parents in and she was crying so hard and just kind of out of it for awhile. I guess that is normal thing though. I mean they warned us ahead of time too. For the next 30 min. I never wanted to have her go through such a thing again. It took her awhile to calm down. The office was really nice though and kid friendly. They had cartoons on in every room we were in (waiting room, pre-op, post-op, etc.). They gave her a princess book and stickers. They are definitely prepared for kids. We left the office after about 30 min. after she came to and by the time we got to Cydney's house, where we dropped off Ana, she was doing a lot better. She is just supposed to take it easy for about 24 hours, but then should be back to her normal self. She is mostly already, but is just saying she is tired every now and then.

Thanks again for everyone who prayed! We really appreciate it and felt the peace only God can give!

Here's a picture of our little trooper before her surgery
Taking it easy at home. Popcorn for lunch and watching a movie in mom and dads bed. Not to mention snuggling her little sister which is always something she likes to do. Ana's more interested in trying to eat Isabel's fingers.
Here are a few other pictures I've been meaning to post but haven't had time to:

Making paper snow flakes. I saw this on several other friends blogs so figured it was the cool thing to do with your kids and figured I better catch up with the times:) It was fun.
Isabel wearing one of Ana's hats.Ana's first snow. There wasn't much, but enough for a picture

5 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

so glad to hear isabel did well! we prayed for her. :)

also, she looks so much like you in the picture with the hat on. :)

What cuties you have!

The Talberts said...

I'm glad it went well. I've been praying on and off throughout the day.

You Nordines have certainly had an eventful year, haven't you? A new baby, Lee's accident, and Isabel's tubes. Maybe 2010 will give you a little break. :)

Janelle S said...

Yeah! I'm glad it was successful and is now over. A mama's heart can only handle so much trauma!

Kristen said...

So glad she did well! (And if she's anything like my girls, she probably won't mind a couple days of extra special attention :)

the Pie family said...

good job isabel! love the picture of her wearing ana's hat- the expression on ana's face is like, "hey, that's MY hat."