Friday, July 02, 2010

28 isn't so bad

Yesterday I celebrated my 28th birthday. The best birthday present was having my hubby home! He did wake up not feeling well though, so I spent the morning kind of bummed just hanging out with the girls. Some friends from work always celebrate each others birthdays together with some type of lunch. So we had a lunch together. As we were eating they were like, "well, you need to eat fast cause you need to leave in 15 min. for appointment to get a pedicure." What??? I was so surprised. They sent me off, kid free, and I got to enjoy a pedicure. When I came out of the spa I went to my car, only to find a B-day card from my hubby on the dash. I called him cause I knew he must be close and we found each other and he handed me a Strawberries & Creme from Starbucks. It was another nice surprise.

Then last night we went out with friends to Olive Garden. It was yummy too. We came back to our house and got to enjoy a delicious blueberry pie, my friend Cydney, made for my birthday. I got to hear the most pathetic version of Happy Birthday ever (even they will tell you that), but it was funny.

A special day all around...I guess 28 isn't so bad.

My surprise pedicure. Patriotic Red
My "28" birthday pie
Birthday hug from Isabel
Seeing how I had just gotten my toes painted, of course Isabel wanted hers...so we did them red, white, and blue.

2 comments:

Paulina said...

Aww so glad you had a nice birthday! What a gift to be surrounded by those that love you so much!!

Janelle S said...

Happy Birthday! I love all the pretty nails. Girls are fun.