Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wedding bells are ringing

The last three days have been eventful, to say the least. We have been cleaning, decorating, preparing, and participating in our dear friends, Josh and Laura, wedding.

Laura lived with us a few years ago for the summer when she moved to the area for an internship. Then again she lived with us the past couple of months before she got married. We know Josh from our church and have sung/played with him on the worship team for several years. They are also part of our small group and we consider them like family.

A few days before the wedding Laura came down with a bug and was feeling awful, so we had to change wedding decorating plans. Our small group came together and kicked in to high gear to help out the bride and groom. I know they were, but we are also so thankful for our small group and how they helped out.

Isabel's role was to be the flower girl. My role was reception coordinator, and Lee played his drum in the wedding. It was a beautiful wedding in an old catholic church that's not a church anymore, but just used for events. The reception followed there as well.

So our friends are married and we are so happy for them to start their new life together as husband and wife and to see what all God has in store for their future.

A few pictures from setup and the wedding. The church is pretty dark so hence the pictures are a little bit dark.
Mother of the Bride
So where does this go?
It's a sweeping competion
My cute friend Mandy, the Matron of Honor, mopping up a bucket of water that spilled...at least the floors were shiny
Making chocolate dipped strawberries for the wedding - 400 strawberries. It was actually a lot of fun. Let's just say we had plenty of strawberries...:)
Isabel the next day after a late night of decorating. I went to wake her up from her nap, cause she had already slept 3 hours and we had to leave for the rehearsal. I woke her up, she looked and me and grabbed her pillow and put it over her face. One tired little girl.
Ana and Isabel at the wedding
The flower girl and ring bear, Michael...too cute. These two did SUCH a good job! They did everything we asked them to do when it was time for them to walk down the aisle together. It helped there were suckers awaiting them when they were done. THANK YOU Verst's!Waiting to walk down the aisle. Our family with the newly married Bride and Groom

7 comments:

Heather said...

It was such a great night...beautiful wedding...cheerio free I might add!! :) Jacob better kick it into high gear...I mean, Michael has already walked her down the aisle..practice? i think so! :D

The Talberts said...

How cute! Was that church in Norwood, Candace?

Rachael Neal said...

You are such a loyal friend! I'm sure the bride and groom are so thankful for you and your hard work for their big day!

Lee and Candace said...

Yea, it's St. Elizabeth in Norwood Melissa.

The Talberts said...

I thought it looked familiar. I used to live there.

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

You did such an amazing job Candace!! It wouldn't have gone so smoothly without you, you're a peach! :) I pawned off some strawberries on the fam...I think we're down to an extra 50 now? ;)

Such a great wedding!!!