Saturday, January 22, 2011

8 and 18

8 weeks pregnant? Is that all? Surely I must be at least 12 or more, at least that's how my belly looks. I decided this pregnancy I'm going to try to enjoy every moment. Not that I didn't with the others, but I probably complained a lot more. I'm hoping to enjoy the being pregnant process and all that it entails...we'll see how long this lasts when the getting up in the middle of the night to pee, not sleeping, and discomfort kicks in.

Ana is now 18 months old. As the Dr. said "you're 1 and a half." Although I can't believe she's that old, it kind of seems like she's been around forever. Which I guess for her, it is her forever. We're thankful she's healthy, growing, and becoming a little girl, not a baby anymore. She's pretty much always happy, but has shown signs of occasional fits here and there. She continues to amaze me and others with her verbal skills. Today she said, "blankie, where are you?" Isn't that a sentence? She stills loves to cuddle and we like to take advantage. One day she fell asleep while I was painting her nails and Lee scooped her up and cuddled her until she woke up. Here's her and Lee cuddling.

3 comments:

Frances aka Grandma said...

I get up in the night too, but i blame it on age HA HA

Love you-all, great Grandma D.

Carrie S said...

Just visited your blog again for the first time in a while and stumbled upon the awesome news of the new baby! We're thrilled and delighted for you all! Yeah! We'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Yes, do try to enjoy every minute of this miracle!

The Talberts said...

Sounds like a sentence to me! And so sweet .. I love pictures of daddies cuddling with their babies. :)