Saturday, March 05, 2011

Celebrate Recovery

Ana is doing great in her recovery from her life long addiction to paci's. She is actually doing amazing! The first day we were skeptical. When we first showed her the "broken" paci, she asked for "another kind." Then when they were ALL broken she said, "fix it." Well, you saw the video and if you didn't she was not happy. She actually wasn't crying in that video. When it took her 50 min. to fall asleep from her nap, which normally takes her about 2 min, we were about ready to throw in the towel...but we persisted. Today it only took her 10 min. to fall asleep for nap, and both last night and tonight she didn't cry at all. She did ask for it tonight and I just said, "it's broken," and that seemed to satisfy her, although she continued to talk about the broken paci for awhile as she drifted off to sleep.

So how did we celebrate our big girl? We got donuts for breakfast. That's pretty much how we celebrate everything. Then this afternoon we took a trip to Jungle Jim's, probably the most amazing grocery store I've ever gone too. It's a huge and I mean HUGE international food market. When you think the store is about to end it keeps going. They have food from all over the world, including Lee's Filipino soy sauce. I will admit it DOES taste better than the soy sauce you can buy at your local grocery store. I love to see all the people from different cultures and hear people talking in different languages. It makes me want to be able to be a better cook. I wish I knew how to use all the amazing international foods they have there. It's also a great store if you are pregnant. I got these amazing pickled baby corn. SO GOOD.:) The girls loved going there too because there is just SO much to look at. I mean, what kid wouldn't want to go to a grocery store with this (this is a stock photo, you're not suppose to take pictures in there):
My only complaint is that it's too far away (about 40 min.). I do wish it was closer. It was a great afternoon of celebrating Ana's paci recovery success and just great family time too.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love that place! They are building another one in Eastgate...it would be a little closer to you but not by much...

Frances aka Grandma said...

We didn't have pacis, and both my girls sucked their fingers ! When looking ahead to school days I old them at bedtime to put their hands under the covers. One of them had a hard time because the fingers automatically came out & into the mouth, but we got it mastered before school started. I sure enjoy your blogs, Grandma D.popin