Saturday, July 16, 2011

When you feel like you can't win...

"Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and completely, not lacking anything." - James 1:2

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. THE LORD IS NEAR. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippines 4:4-7

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." - James 4:10

"...but we also rejoice in our suffering, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us." - Romans 5:3-5

Through the trials of a difficult week I found/find myself searching, scouring the pages of my Bible looking for encouragement. And when I find myself still struggling I can turn to these truths that will NEVER die. My joy and my hope can be found in Christ and Christ alone, for "the Lord is near."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I needed this Candace thank you!