Ordinarily I would be watching Jacob and Isabel today, but Jacob's dad, Jesse, is watching him so Isabel and I are just chilling (literally) at home. We had our first snow today. In an effort to document Isabel's first snow, we took this picture. Not the greatest picture, but it works. We didn't want to freeze our baby girl outside, so we took the picture of her inside with snow out the window. 

Last weekend we got our Christmas tree. It was somewhat of a difficult process. When we lived in MI we would always go to the Christmas tree farm and pick out a tree. Something I enjoyed doing every year. Here in N.K. we go to Lowe's or Home Depot. Traditionally since we have lived here we have gone the weekend after Thanksgiving to get our tree. Which we tried to do that this year, but both places only had a few trees to pick from. Well, I should clarify, only a few 9' trees to pick from. We like them big. We were very disappointed and went home empty handed. Last weekend, again both places had very few choices. However we didn't want to go home empty again, so we took the last 9' tree Home Depot had.
Here's a photo. Did you ever notice it's really hard to get good pictures of Christmas trees? I mean they don't look as nice in pictures as in real life. So instead of cleaning our house or putting away laundry, I tried every setting on our digital camera to see which one took the best picture. It was the night shot mode. If we had a tripod it probably would be even better.
Here's Isabel's first ornament. A gift someone gave us at one of her baby showers. Cute.
Okay, I am way too chatty today. That's all for now.Oh one more thing. Congratulations to our friends Mark and Marty who had their baby girl "Lily" this last Sunday. We got to see her last night and she is so adorable.
6 comments:
I'm impressed by your tree picture. I was going to post a picture of our tree on our blog, but gave up after seeing my poor results. Nice job.
Oh, and Isabel is too cute with her first snow.
I've been waiting to see pictures of your Christmas tree! I'm always put to shame by how BIG it is. It looks beautiful!
good to see you got a lot of things done on your day off! :) isabel looks like a snow bunny, and i really like the Bumbo under the tree. :)
You should've told us - we just went to Michigan (Escanaba) to get our tree. We could've brought you one back! Yours looks great, though! Isabel is adorable, as always.
-Talbert
yum, smores! I agree with Janelle, your tree picture is great.
...of course, Isabel is so adorable too! but she deserved her own comment.
Post a Comment