Friday, October 17, 2008

Do you understand...???

Okay, I've attempted to get video of this, but my one year old just won't do things on command for me sometimes...so I'm just going to write about it.

One afternoon Isabel was being disobedient, imagine that. In my frustration I asked her, "Isabel, do you understand mommy?" To my surprise, my little girl shook her head up and down in a "yes" motion? Again, how she learned this we have no idea. So anyway, now every time you ask her anything that begins with "Do you understand" she shakes her head up and down to say "yes." Example: "Do you understand Chinese Isabel?" Her response, "yes." "Do you understand Greek Isabel?" Her response, "yes."

Similarly, while her Lolo and Lola were visiting they taught her "beautiful eyes" (blinking her eyes). They would ask her, "Do you have beautiful eyes Isabel?" She would blink her eyes ever so sweetly. Lee started to noticed however that you could ask her anything with the word, "Do you have" and she would start to blink her eyes. "Do you have a toy Isabel?" Blink, blink, blink. "Do you have a book Isabel?" Blink, blink, blink.

I really think Isabel understands more than I do sometimes.

3 comments:

krissy said...

That's so cute.
They understand way more than we think they do. Especially the first one, we just don't think they're that big yet!

Anonymous said...

Candace. You may be under-estimating Isabel. She may actually understand Chinese and Greek, and you don't even know it. Why don't you ask her a question in Chinese and see if she understands it. Aha! You don't understand Chinese, do you! Don't judge my little granddaughter by your own deficiencies. She may be a genius. Grandpa Carlson

Rachael Neal said...

that is hilarious! oh boy...it looks like your'e going to have a hand full!