Saturday, January 31, 2009

"broken" mimi's

Today's the day...we are going to attempt to wean Isabel off her paci aka mimi. We put her down for her first nap without one...well, we gave her a broken (cut the tip off) one and she did NOT like that. She was not amused that her prize possession was "broken." And quite frankly, she threw it at me. I told Lee I have so many mixed emotions about it. She loves her mimi's so much and I feel bad she doesn't need them anymore, but at the same time her obsession (and it really is one) is taking over. She wants them constantly. She cries and whines for them. I think, is this the right time? Maybe it's not a good time. Maybe we should wait a little longer. But no, I know we are doing the right thing. I just feel bad. My dad jokes she needs "Celebrate Recovery for Mimi's."

So please pray for us the next couple of days as we try to rid our house of paci's.

The good news is, she cried for about 20 min. and then fell alseep. I was expecting longer, so that is good.

3 comments:

The Talberts said...

Our kids are all big fans of the pacifier. Jacob and Libby only took it to sleep. They were so dependent on them, though, that when it came time to get rid of the pacifiers for good, I dreaded what would happen. The whole thing was much smoother than I expected, though. I hope it goes the same for you.

Paulina said...

You can do it! I felt kind of bad taking Sophie's away too, but we got over it! It is nice that she doesn't have to rely on it anymore, and it really doesn't ever phase her. Isabel will do great!

Rachael Neal said...

praying for you!

now, can someone help me on getting rid of annelise' fingers? i don't think cutting them off would be the best option! :)