Literally. We were without all day...about 10 hours. I wanted to take pictures of our snowy day, but our camera battery was dead, and well...with no power I couldn't charge it.
It's amazing how automatic your mind works. I don't even know how many times we tried turning on lights in various rooms.
Isabel was wanting to watch Elmo and we were trying to explain to her that we had no power and the TV wouldn't work. She loves turning on the radio on our bedside clocks, so Lee thought to show her that the music doesn't come on when she pushes the button, like it normally does. However, we forgot there was a backup battery in the clock so the music came on anyway. Bad example. Needless to say her persistence to watch Elmo continued:)
Thanks to some friends, we left around dinner and were able to get warm for a few hours at their house, eat, and hangout. Thanks guys!
We're finally back home and I feel tired even though we didn't do much all day. Lee's out shoveling our driveway, so our car doesn't get stuck (for the third time) tomorrow when I have to leave for work.
Hope all our other fellow Kentuckians are doing okay!
5 comments:
hope your power is back! if not please come by our place and hang out! sophie and ibel could play :)
You can come here, too!
sorry to say it but, i'm glad its you and not us for once! hope you're staying warm!
Yea, it's back on. Maybe I wasn't clear that it came back on that evening. Thank you all though for your generous offers though. We appreciate it.
Post a Comment