Sunday, January 18, 2009

Somersaults

Last night Isabel was trying to do one of the things she loves to try to do...somersaults. She stands on her head and waits for either Lee or I to flip her the rest of the way over. In the interest of entertainment for her (ha, ha) I attempted to demonstrate how to accomplish a somersault on her own. I now know why kids do somersaults and not adults. Lee also put on a demonstration for her. For the next 15 min. she didn't want to do somersaults, all she wanted to do was watch Mommy and Daddy do them. We finally told her we were "all done" and that seemed to get her started trying on her own again.

So why am I thinking about this? Well, today at church Lee was doing sound in the children's sanctuary where they have Kidz Jam, a time of singing for the children. Isabel and I were waiting for him to get done. She was dancing and listening to the music. All of sudden she runs back to the sound booth where Lee is and ask him to do a somersault in motions and a few words. How her mind thought of that of that moment I have no clue.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just have to say that you are 14 weeks pregnant and doing somersaults. That is truly loving your kid. Also, Joel and I always get a big kick of reading your post we read them together and laugh and laugh at you. LOL

The Talberts said...

Cute!
I tried to show Jacob how to do a cartwheel once and .. well .. I think the last time I did a cartwheel I was a hundred pounds lighter. I thought I might need to be hospitalized.