Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The dizziness of life and more

About twice a day this is what Jacob and Isabel love to do, spin in circles. They do this for about 5-10 minutes, until both of them get so dizzy they can barely stand up anymore. I have told them how this is how I feel about my days sometimes...crazy and running in circles!



I feel like along with Spring every year comes projects. The weather is nice, things need to get done, etc. Here is one project Lee and I have slowly started.

We got Isabel this nice little dresser from the Florence Antique Mall, but it needs a little work. Something Lee and I enjoy doing (refinishing furniture), but never seem to have the time to do. Here is the before picture and I'll post an after picture sometime in the future, hopefully near future.:) We plan to paint it and put new drawer pulls on it. Also on the agenda is to paint her "big girl" room.

This is not really a "project" per say, but it is something fun we found for Isabel, and a good learning experience. At Target in their $1 section (they must make so much money off of that area) we found these little pots that came with seeds to grow different kinds of flowers. We got Isabel one and she has been watering it/watching it grow everyday. I was a little worried at first that it might take to long and she would get bored with the idea, but the flowers are already popping up just after a few days and it's been fun for her. We had enough dirt and seeds left over to put some in another cup too, so she has two to take care of.

In other news, after a very long evening/night with a very fussy child we took Isabel to the Dr. today. She has another ear infection. I guess it wasn't that long ago that she had one, although it seems like ages ago (maybe cause I feel like I've been pregnant for ages)...anyway, so the Dr. wants to see her again in a few weeks to make sure her ears are healing up ok.

4 comments:

Paulina said...

the video didn't work for me :( but Sophie is also obsessed with spinning in circles...i don't get it!

Cleary said...

We love those little flower pots!

the Pie family said...

thanks for the video! super cute kiddos, who do they belong to?? :)
we got one of those pots too- i am growing basil in mine. i can't tell you how excited i was when i saw the first "green" poking up through the dirt!!! and when i see the first red on my strasberries, i will be dancing! :)

Laura Perrien said...

Super cute video...my, they're growing up! If there's anything I could help with on a Saturday with Isabel's big girl room, I'd love to. =)