Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Pregnancy thoughts #2 and Isabel's words

Pregnancy thoughts...
  • Can someone really be this tired all the time? It's not even a question if I'm tired anymore, it's just plain fact
  • Can I really feel/look 40 weeks pregnant when I'm only 24?
  • My back hurts...I did something to it 3 days ago. It usually is fine in the morning and then gets worse as the day goes on. Hopefully this will heal soon.
  • I have my glucose test tomorrow. Praying I pass so I don't have to do the long test.
  • Still working on a name. Nothing final yet.
  • Isabel's going to be a great big sister. I already have her practicing changing diapers on her baby doll.
  • Baby's kicks are getting harder
Isabel's words...

Isabel has an amazing vocabulary for her age. At 15 months they said she should say like 5-10 words and she was saying over 50. At 19 months she is now forming sentences, memorizing verses, singing songs, etc. I used to keep track of some of her "words" but I've lost count. However...sometimes she gets lazy and slurs things together in pronouncing her words or just has her own little way of pronouncing them. Here are few examples:

Ladybug = Bay-kuk
PJ's = Chi-ves (I'm sure it means something in some foreign language)
Yes Mommy = yes sah me (although she can same mommy perfectly fine on it's own)
All done = all dunt (for some reason certain word's she adds a 't' to the end)

4 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

candace - she is getting so big...isabel that is. :) and i can totally relate on the preggo stuff. the second time around seems to go faster - but bigger! :) hang in there.

Heather said...

I am feeling you on the tiredness and feeling bigger. I especially love it when people tell me how much bigger I am this time than last! I mean...come on people! Anyway, you look great and Isabel is a super cutie!

The Talberts said...

Pregnancies are all so different, aren't they? Also .. no more luxurious days of lounging around. Having other children to care for during pregnancy takes the exhaustion to a whole new level. My mother in law tells me that she couldn't wait to get out of the hospital after having her first (and even second) baby(ies). But by the time the third rolled around, she was begging them to let her stay longer because she actually got some sleep while she was there.

I love that Isabel says "yes sah me" for Yes Mommy. Libby does absolutely everything she can think of to not say "yes mama" in the correct way. She says "yes mom" "yes Papa" or she will say "yes mama" but in a weird accent or voice. I'm guessing rebellion is at the root of this, but it's super funny.

Carrie S said...

Right there with you on the always tired and "wasn't I this big when I delivered the last 2?" I also hope you pass the glucose test, I had to do the long one and it was no fun! Blessings on names; what a privilege and a responsibility it is!