Saturday, April 11, 2009

S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E!!!!!

This past week has been one of the best! Lee's parents leave the end of this month to head back to the mission field (the Philippines), so they came down and had one last visit with us. We surprised them by having Lee's brother and sister (Will and Mart) also come down to visit. Mart leaves in May for a year in Amsterdam, so we will all be spread apart for some time. We both took off work, so it was nice we could be home and do some fun activities together.

The first day we were all together Isabel was SOOO excited! She played hard, and I mean hard. So the next day this is what happened when we went out for lunch!

I don't think she has ever done this. She was OUT!

We did many fun things together, went to Jungle Jim's, the zoo, Starbucks, etc. It was just a great time. Here we are all together.

While at Starbucks, we found these cool mugs that you can write on with a white marker pen and then bake in the oven and then the markings are permanent. We got a couple and had everyone sign them/write a message as a memento until we see each other again. Cool idea I thought.

While they were here, my Uncle and Aunt from MN happened to be in town, so one night we all went out to dinner with them as well. It was so great to see them also.

Will and Mart unfortunately couldn't stay the whole week, but we were so grateful for the time we got. Isabel adores them both so much and misses them.
After Lee's siblings left we had a few days with just Lolo and Lola. They were a huge help to us. They helped almost finish staining our deck (a project we started last fall and never quite finished). They helped us find a dresser for Isabel for her soon to be "big girl" room. I'll talk more about this project later. They helped us color eggs. They helped take Isabel to the library. They helped read to her.Lolo and Lola, thank you so much for coming! We will miss you SO much (we already do)! Will and Mart, thanks also for helping to surprise your parents. I know it meant a lot to them, and us as well. Friends, if you think of it, please pray for Lee's parents as they adjust to life back in the Philippines and get back into the routine of their ministry there, and also being away from family here (including missing the birth of their second grandchild). We are thankful for blogs, email, Skype, etc. that will allow us to stay in touch over the next year or so.

I feel like this last week has been somewhat of a dream and now reality is about to hit again. I'm sitting in the house now and everything seems so quiet (beside the pounding of the neighbors getting a new roof). I just noticed on my Lily Pie ticker I have less then a 100 days to go until baby Nordine #2 arrives. I can't believe it! We feel so blessed by the family we have and by the family God has given us. Thank you Lord for our many blessings!

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

What a fun time! Love the pictures. We will be praying for Lee's family and for all of the adjustments. Thanks for sharing the thoughts/photos.

Carrie S said...

What a special week. We're thrilled that God provided this special time for all of you!