Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Top 6 reasons you should not take your 1 year old to the post office alone

  1. You must carry your child across the parking lot while juggling your packages to mail them
  2. There are no child restraints (shopping carts) at the post office
  3. There are too many fun amazing things (packages with Mickey Mouse on them) for a 1 year old to look at (grab) while you are trying to fill out an address label
  4. There are too many little notes of paper to fill out for specialty packages that your child can grab while you are trying to fill out an address label
  5. You must wait in line (again with no child restraint) to mail something
  6. The top 5 should be enough reasons not to go to the post office with a 1 year old alone

4 comments:

Cleary said...

I used to drop Emma at Dar's house and THEN go to the post office...LOL! I feel your pain.

Carrie S said...

Even if they sometimes take a while to figure out how to get it done, I love that I can mail things from Meijer's customer service desk where there are shopping carts and not so much within reach!

The Talberts said...

I TOTALLY hear you on the post office/children thing. Very difficult. When I find that I simply cannot avoid going to the post office, I put someone in the stroller, hold someone's hand, and hope the other one doesn't get hit by a car or shipped to Canada or something. Every single time I leave, I wonder why no one has thought of a drive-thru window at the post office.

Anonymous said...

Candace,
If you would use Isabel's backpack, you would not have to deal with the issues you described. . .just some friendly advice