Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The curse of the poop and hiccups

This would could be a great book title, but only moms with newborns would really understand how terrible these two things are...well, at least when they happen in the middle of the night. My darling daughter has decided it's in the middle of the night she does these things best. Oh well, she is so sweet so I guess we'll keep her:) Really though, I can't complain she has been such a good baby.

Ana got her first bath last night. She actually really seemed to enjoy it. Here's Ana wrapped up in a baby towel that was mine when I was a baby. We have a picture of Isabel in it for her first bath too.
This is where I found my husband "hiding" away this morning (okay so I knew he was there, but I had to get the photo)...that would be Isabel's bed. To his defense, he has been such a great helper, including in the middle of the night.

6 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

that is too funny! i am already having visions of seeing matt in the same position. glad he's able to get some rest!

the Pie family said...

so, was he really sleeping when you took the picture? that is hilarious! cute ana!!!!

Paulina said...

I can't believe you have blogged this many times already! Ana is not even a week old - you're amazing!

Carrie S said...

It was so great to see you guys and meet Ana! Thank you for letting me stop by quickly. Ana is gorgeous and you already look amazing and, yes, I can't believe you've blogged so much already, but I'm loving reading the stories and seeing the pictures when I have time to catch up! God's continued blessings on you all!

Unknown said...

I feel for you, Lee... It's all part of being a responsible dad.
Just be thankful that Isabel is big enough to make breakfast and get lunch going while you catch some sleep.

The Talberts said...

ha! so funny! our family switches beds constantly throughout the night (and without even having a newborn!), so i find people in strange places in the morning, too.