Monday, August 03, 2009

Adjustments

Our first day alone has been pretty good. We actually made a trip to Target to pick up a few needed and not needed items. Ana continues to do well, although her streaks of 5 or 6 hours at night have ended and she's back to wanting to eat every 3 hours. She's only 2 weeks old though so I guess I can't complain much yet.:)

Isabel has been doing well overall. She really loves her baby sister and wants to be with her every minute of the day. I feel bad having to tell her most of the day that Ana is sleeping. We have seen several instances of jealousy with Isabel, especially when guests have been over visiting. She has become more possessive of toys with her friends, but maybe that's just a 2 year-old thing. She's started throwing fits at nap and bedtime the last 3 days or so. For instance, she cried/screamed for an hour today before falling asleep, something she has never done. I'm praying it's a phase. Meal times have still been difficult with her, but I think we are learning to deal with them better. I think/know Isabel really misses her buddies Jacob and Kate. She was with them 4 days a week and now all of a sudden they are gone. We will have to make frequent visits to see them.

Overall, I think we are all adjusting. There is a "season for everything" right?

4 comments:

Paulina said...

Yes, there is! I think it's a combo of being 2 and having a little sibling. We know all about those things you're going through. I don't want to overwhelm you, but whenever you're up for it - we would love to come over for a play date and bring you lunch. Maybe Isabel would enjoy some play time with a friend. I know Sophie would love it! Ana & Claire can hang out too :) Just let me know!

The Talberts said...

To Target with a toddler and a newborn on your first day alone? I'd say you're doing pretty well. :)

the Pie family said...

that's what i told her too, melissa!
jacob and kate miss isabel too! i love to see kate's face light up when she sees isabel. you come over anytime you want- even if it's rainy and yucky outside and you just need to get out of the house! :)

Kristen said...

This, too, shall pass! I'm sure it's a combination of her being 2 and adjusting. She will get through it and gain life experience all at the same time. You are doing a great job with those two beautiful girls!