Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving for everyone

We had such a blessed Thanksgiving, celebrating with family and friends. We got to eat good food, fellowship, talk to family in CA on Skype (Thanks Connors)! All four of us were pretty sick prior to Thanksgiving, but everyone has started to feel better...with the help of some medicine for everyone but me (the joys of nursing). Isabel has had her second ear infection in the last month so we will see a specialist next week about possibly getting tubes in her ears. Anyway...

I can't begin to thank God for everything He has blessed us with...abundantly!!! We have seen His grace poured out on us SO much this year!

We didn't want to leave Ana out on Thanksgiving, so we started her on some cereal! She's still not quite sure about it, but will eat what I give her. Here are some pictures of her first time having it.
I'm ready...I think
Feed me mom or I will have to eat this highchairSo this isn't the most flattering picture, but it's oh so cute:)Turkey Day...Ana's first ThanksgivingIt wouldn't be a celebration at the Nordine's without donuts (I hear the laughter of everyone reading this right now)Table's all ready. It's nice to use the beautiful China.Turkey's done
Buddies. Okay, I have to tell the quick story behind this picture cause it was just too funny. We wanted to get a picture of the kids but Jacob kept saying no, no. All of a sudden he struck a pose, Cydney snapped, and here is the picture:) Maybe you had to be there, but it was funny.
We got our x-mas tree today and had SO much fun decorating it with Isabel this year! It was hilarious cause she was putting like 5 ornaments all on the same branch...and she would say, I have to match them. I snuck some off and moved them around so our tree would be a little more even. I never get over just sitting and staring at the Christmas tree...it's therapeutic I think.
Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma who came to visit and for all their help!

2 comments:

The Talberts said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I agree about just staring at the Christmas tree .. kind of like a campfire or something - you can just get lost in it. And also .. I remember our tree last year - I eventually gave up trying to keep the ornaments evenly distributed. By the end of the season, there were huge empty spaces and then branches with like fifteen ornaments hanging together. We sort of gave over our rights to the entire bottom part of our tree.

Lee and Candace said...

I think that is what is going to happen to us too Melissa. Isabel already this morning has been wanting to "fix" all the ornaments, aka move them around.:)