Monday, November 09, 2009

When my logic and Isabel's don't meet

I've decided Isabel needs some structured learning time. I'm not talking about anything too complicated. Just going through some books or something for like 20 min. everyday. Especially during these days when it's cold out, I feel like she gets bored easily so I decided to do some learning time.

I got this book awhile back called, "Curious George's Book of Curiosity." I love it. So does Isabel. It goes through so many different things: shapes, numbers, colors, seasons, emotions, counting, places, the alphabet, etc.

Today we were talking about different letters. I was trying to explain to her that letters all have sounds...you know basic phonics. Here is how our conversation went...it speaks for itself.

Me: Isabel, this is the letter B. B is for Bird, b-uh, b-uh, b-uh (of course there is a picture of the bird by the letter)

Isabel: Mommy, bird doesn't say b-uh, b-uh, b-uh. Bird says tweet, tweet, tweet.

I had to laugh out loud.

2 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

That's hilarious! Yesterday, Elise told me that P says puh puh like piano. I have no idea where she learned that. It's strange to get to a stage where they pick things up without you trying to teach them.

running shoes said...

cute!!!