Sunday, January 10, 2010

Merry Christmas to me

Lee and I didn't really get each other Christmas presents, but one thing I asked him for was one Sunday, I didn't specify a date, when he could go to church with me and help me get the girls ready, and leave church with me too. See, Lee is normally at church at 7 or earlier every Sunday and often gets pulled out of the service for this or that.

So, today was the day.

I appreciated it so much....but...it's probably something I should never ask for again...in Lee's words, "well, maybe we'll do this again next January."

I could go in to detail, but we'll just say...Lee is needed on Sunday's. Thank you Love though for your gift! I love you!

4 comments:

The Talberts said...

I know that it's difficult for Ben to combine work and family. When we drop by the shop for lunch or something, he's still in work mode and it's hard for him to kind of "come down" to the playful, distracting place that we're at. I often think of Lee (and the pastors) on Sundays and figure it might be much the same for them. Where does work end and family/fellowship/church/etc. begin? I'm glad you got your day. I hope you get another one before next January. :)

Rachael Neal said...

candace - we totally understand! though matt doesn't technically work at church he is often "working" during our worship time. i often wonder - and try to remember - what it was like to just get up, go to church and come home without the stress, care or work that is now required. i'm with melissa - here's to hoping you get another sunday like this before next january!

krissy said...

thank you lee for all you do. when i was told the heat didn't work last sunday my first thought was, oh poor lee, i hope he doesn't have to climb any ladders. :-)

Heather said...

I totally understand. Nate and I hardly ever go to church together, and scrambling to get both kids dressed, fed, in the car, out of the car, to nursery with stickers on...can be VERY difficult (and heavy :) It is so nice when the dad's are able to help!!