Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Texas

This past weekend, while Lee was gone for a trip, the girls and I spent a long weekend in TX visiting my best friend from 9th grade, Audrey, (who also happens to be Lee's cousin). It was rather ambition (crazy) to take two little ones on the airplane, but we survived and had a great time! We had many strangers help us with various tasks and we made it there and home in one piece.
All packed and ready to go. It might have been easier to pack them in the suitcase:)
Cousins Gabe (10 mo.) and Ana (7 mo.)
One day we went to a park that had this train ride. It was a fun little outing. Here the kids are waiting for the train. These are cousins Abby, Ben, Gabe.On the train. Audrey's mother-in-law, Liliana, was also visiting from Colombia, South America. It was so good to see her too. I hadn't seen her since Audrey's wedding. She is holding the baby behind the kids.The girls dressed up like Queen Ester and Ben like Mordecai to listen to the story of Queen Ester
Sunday afternoon we went to a Bizaar. Isabel could have jumped on this blow up toy ALL day!
The kids got there face painted. Our little puppy, panda, and pony (the pony was just on the cheek). SO cute!
Pony ride
Ben had his 3 year old birthday party while we were there. I thought this was an Awesome idea she had. Her husband drew a dinosaur and all the kids put their handprints to make his spikes.
The birthday boy swinging at the T-rex pinata
Aud and I
Ana's 1st plane ride

4 comments:

Heather said...

looks like you had a fun time! You get a mom of the year award from me for taking them both on a plane by yourself...brave! I took Judah to texas in Jan. and you are right..strangers do help! Nice.

The Talberts said...

I agree with Heather .. totally brave to take two little ones on a plane alone. Sometimes I feel like crying when I leave the grocery store with my kids. We have only flown once since becoming parents and I have no plans to try it again until everyone is finished with diapers and car seats and pureed food (because .. you know .. the guys in the suits sitting next to you really don't love having a baby fling pureed carrots on them. Who knew?

Anyway. I'm glad you had a good time! Cute pictures. :)

Cleary said...

I remember taking Emma and Ellie to Florida by myself when they were just about the ages of your girls. I had a lot of "stuff" to carry, but people were incredibly helpful. And the getaway to the warmth was worth the flights! Way to go, Candace and glad you had such a great time.

Paulina said...

So glad you had a good visit with your friend, definitely sad we didn't get to meet up but I understand how busy it can be!