Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ana's ONE!

Our Ana girl is the big ONE today! What a joy she has been to our family this last year, even her sister would say so...I think:) We had a fun day. She woke up in the best mood, not that she ever wakes up cranky, just seemed more happy for some reason. She was jabbering about this and that and went to get breakfast birthday donuts with daddy. We had a small party with some friends and enjoyed all the company. She was hilarious with her cake...let's just say it was EVERYWHERE (see pictures below).:)

Let's see, here are a few "facts" about our Ana girl and her life now as a 1-year-old:
  • She loves life. There really aren't many days that she is not happy and smiling
  • She's more cautious of things than her sister, but still likes a bit of adventure
  • She LOVES to eat! Anything and lots of it! She is in no way shape or form picky (yet)!:)
  • Even with her love of food she is still petite.
  • She's not walking and doesn't really have any desire to try yet, but she still gets around fast on all fours, and will stand and cruise around furniture when needed.
  • She says LOTS of words. I feel like she says a new one everyday. Taking after her sister I presume. Some of her favorite: Doggie, Ball, Baby, Duck, Bath, Rice, Daddy, Mommy, More, Tucker, Juice, antidisestablishmentarianism (haha, j/k...Joshua, that's for you):)
  • Loves Balls and can spot them anywhere (gum ball machines, watermelon piles, hiding under a shelf on a display. So you bend down and yes there is a ball there.
  • She gets into EVERYTHING.
  • She likes to cuddle.
  • She loves her blankie and her paci
  • She loves when her sister plays with her...nicely:)
Here are a few pictures from her B-day:

We had a puppy dog themed party since Ana loves puppies. Here is the cake we made.
Sweet B-day Girl
What is this thing?
What would happen if I rub cake all in my hair?
Oh...THIS!Look, daddy and I have matching hairWe interrupt this party to bathe the birthday girlCHEESEReally, it's going to be fun Ana! She wasn't so sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!

Paulina said...

happy birthday to ana!!

Kentucky Kate said...

That cake is great! I try to make themed cupcakes for every birthday and I haven't tried puppies yet. Fun :)