Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Tribute to Neal

One week ago today I got word that a dear friend passed away, Neal "Bubba" (as his friends called him) Brewer. I met him and his wife first as supporters of AiG and then Neal came to work for AiG part-time. I went on several trips with them for work, the first being a raft trip down the Grand Canyon. You really get to know someone when you're roughing it with the best bathroom view you'll ever have.:) I got to know them well, like family. Whenever something significant happened in our family, Neal and Deb (his wife, the sweetest southern lady you'll ever meet) were always there to love and support us, even with them living in the Atlanta area. I feel so incredibly blessed to know Neal. He was a true follower of Christ and it was evident in every way. He was a southern gentleman. He loved and I mean LOVED his wife. He called her "baby doll" in the most precious way. He always made time for her. Even if he was traveling, he'd skip out on a meal just to have a phone call with her.

I had the privilege of traveling down to Atlanta for the day last Saturday to attend a Celebration Service, celebrating the life he lived and acknowledging his new home with his Lord and Savior. I talked to Neal on the phone the day he passed away. Little did I know it would be the last time I would talk to him, well in this life. He was always putting others first, always asking about me, the girls, our family.

I pray that I follow his legacy of putting others first, and living my life fully and completely for the Lord.
Neal and Deb

No comments: