Saturday, December 04, 2010

The snow is falling...already?

Wait...wasn't it just August? I feel like the last few months have just flown by.

We had a nice Thanksgiving with my parents visiting and spending time with close friends. Somehow in all the business my camera didn't get out that often. Maybe it's cause I was cooking a turkey? Or maybe it's because we went out shopping on Black Friday...no, I'm not one of those people that goes at 3 am.

Poor Ana all by herself waiting for everyone else to sit down.:)
Pals
She must have snuggled Papa for 30 min. I thought she'd be down playing and went back and she was still snuggled up in his arms.
A highlight of our weekend was going as a family to get our [live] Christmas tree. When I was a little girl I always got to pick out our Christmas tree. So now that Isabel is old enough to understand we let her pick this year's tree out. The tree was the very first one she saw and a great one! We had a fun evening listening to Christmas music, decorating the tree, talking about what Christmas really means, and running around making sure both girl's didn't break every other ornament.:) The bottom limbs had several ornaments just thrown into the tree (by Ana). I think I've recovered most of them. I don't know about anyone else, but when the lights are turned on the tree I could just sit for hours and be mesmerized by it's beauty.

The perfect tree
Ana helping daddy with the lights
I especially love this picture because I took it right after Isabel had just said, "Daddy I love so much. Mommy I love you so much."

2 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

Aw! Annelise loves to hug Matt around the back and say she loves him! A pretty tree too!

Cleary said...

Beautiful memories, Candace.