Sunday, February 27, 2011

A getaway

This past Thursday our family got away for the evening with another family from our small group who have a little girl Isabel's age. If you are ever looking for a place to go, not too far away, quaint, and homey, I'd highly recommend The Clifty Inn in Madison, IN. You can get special rates in the winter too. Lee and I had gone there once before when Isabel was little and loved it. It was nice to go back and have another great experience. Even though it was just one night away, it was so refreshing. I must admit we were exhausted when we got home, I think from just all the non-stop fun, but it was all worth it. We swam, ate delicious food, talked, and just enjoyed each others company. So blessed by this family and glad to have gotten to know them a little better. Of course my little fish, iBel, couldn't get enough of the swimming pool. She only got out when she was so cold she was shivering and her lips were turning blue.:) It was really nice that we went on a Thursday because we missed the weekend rush and had the whole pool to ourselves.
Buddies


They have a fun lounge area with different stuffed animals the girls enjoyed looking at and naming.
This wolf was named "Tucker"
He got swarmed by little girls
An amazing shot...especially considering she just had major back surgery.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ben and I spent part of our honeymoon at the Clifty Inn.It's a pretty nice place! Winter rates are really good. Glad you guys had a fun time.