Wednesday, July 06, 2011

More festivities

The weekend brought along more festivities, birthday and 4th of July. I was surprised on Saturday with a surprise birthday lunch with some of my girlfriends at yummy PF Changs. I must say they were pretty sneaky! Then I got to enjoy a birthday gift, a pedicure. Anyone that knows me well knows that is something I truly enjoy.

I really felt spoiled when my hubby let me go out again with some girlfriends Sunday evening. A special birthday for sure.

Monday, we went to our first ever 4th of July parade in NKY. It was such a nice morning, until the parade started, and it started to rain. Thankfully, we had prepared and brought along umbrellas and survived the light rain. It wasn't quite like the small town parade I'm used to, but it was fun and the girls really enjoyed it (especially be showered with candy).

Then Monday evening we headed to some friends to celebrate the 4th of July. We had a delicious dinner and an awesome fireworks show, put on my our hosts. Lee had the special privilege of riding on their quad and was the ride giver to many of the little ones around.

And now it's back to normal life. I've had a few moments lately where I get in the "I just want to meet this baby" mode, and now no one has to remind me that I'm pregnant anymore as life is becoming less and less comfortable each day. But I'm enjoying my girls so much. Enjoying the summer sun, the little kiddy pool we have, and the smiles that come along with it all. And guess what else? I've been reading a book which I'll have to do a review on soon. It's been really good. And at that I will say, "good night."

1 comment:

Heather said...

showered with candy...except from us...:( sorry!! But it was fun seeing you guys!