This pass week we found out that our small group leader's mother went home to be with the Lord. She was someone that was part of our small group for a few years when she lived with our leaders. Each week she quietly sat in their black leather recliner and just listened as we worshiped and discussed God's Word. She was a special lady and one that suffered from the disease of Alzheimer's. We watched each week as our small group leaders had her live with them in their home until the point where they could not take care of her anymore and were forced to put her in a nursing home.
We often prayed for her. It was my friend Sonya though, her daughter-in-law, who I admired more than once in how she served this sweet lady. She would visit her several times a week, bathe her, do her hair, and try and do physical therapy with her as she lost mobility. She had an unconditional Christlike love for her.
Lee and I have often joked about when we are old and gray what we will do for each other or HAVE to do for each other. All I know that I greatly admire my friend's servant heart and only hope that I can serve others as she has demonstrated so lovingly!
No comments:
Post a Comment