I remember when we first moved to KY. I don't think I was working yet. We were living in our first apartment and I looked out our bedroom window to see dads and moms putting their kindergartners on the bus for the first day of school. It was fun watching them snap photos and shed tears. All the little kids had on their backpacks that were obviously too big for them. I probably made some smart remark like, "Aw, isn't that sweet." Why I remember that moment, I don't know, but it has stuck in my mind. Never at that time, did I think/comprehend having my own little one getting ready to head off to kindergarten. Where has the time gone? We are so incredibly excited for Isabel! She is smart, funny, likes an adventure, and we're so excited to see how kindergarten plays a role in her life. Tonight is registration. We'll get to see the school, where her class will be, etc, and probably (ok, I know) I'll be one of those moms shedding a few tears come fall.


No comments:
Post a Comment