So last night as we were watching the Olympics a commercial came on. It was for Target, Meijer, or some store like that advertising school supplies. Then it hit me, that in 2 weeks my little big girl would be starting school. I got a little sad, not really about her starting school. I know she is really excited. I'm excited. Just more than I'm going to miss her. Life will be different without her around for half a day for sure. She's a good helper. She's a good playmate for her siblings. Sometimes she surprises me, like today when she cleaned up after herself after a craft project (not the norm). She's growing up. I'm sure her sisters will miss her too and we'll have to adjust to this new phase of life.
Today she was so sweet at lunch and said, "Mom, I'll feed Klara lunch for you today because you have like been doing it the whole day." I knew what she meant. She was trying to give me a mom break. I needed a bit of extra grace today with her sibling (Ahem...Ana), so her kind gesture was thoughtful and sweet! Yes, she used "like" in her sentence.
Here's to 2 more weeks of summer! Loving each moment with my little big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment