Friday, September 14, 2012

Not my words

These are not my words, but the words of a sweet friend.  I wanted to share them because they were SO incredibly encouraging to me.  I hope they encourage you.  I only wish I had a ounce of her wisdom.   

The Lord has been working in me, I too like 
to think I  have control and think I am strong.  I had a rough day with 
physical therapy, and even broke down in tears. It is very painful. I am 
so grateful our Lord didn't leave me there.  Like Peter as we have 
often spoken of I took my eyes off our Lord and I started to drown as 
the sea of worldly fear crept in along with self pity. When were these 
trials going to end? Only by His grace and loving kindness did He nudge my mind
to the promises and treasures He is allowing me to store 
in my heart, the heart of flesh that He gave me in place of my heart of 
stone. Ezekiel 36:26.  He promises that His grace is sufficient for me, 
for His strength is made perfect in my weakness.  2 Cor 12:9.  He 
reminded me in 1 Chronicles  29:11-14 that it is in His hand power and 
might, In His hand it is to make great and to give strength to all and 
to therefore thank Him for all things for all things come from Him and 
to praise His glorious name. These trials are a gift, my job be content 
in all things, in my own strength that will not happen I must draw on 
His strength for it is with the enabling of the Holy Spirit that I will 
have strength and reassurance to know He is at work in me, 
conforming me to the image of His Son and that is something to rejoice 
over. Hebrews 12:10  reminds me that our Heavenly Father disciplines us 
sanctifying us "that one day we may share in His holiness." Now that is 
amazing.  2 Cor 3:18 tells us He is at work in us,we progress from one 
stage of glory to the next. To look to Him first and foremost and 
remember He is my first love, that I am dependent on Him are the 
important lessons He is graciously teaching me at this time, I am 
thankful He is so patient with a hard nose like me.

Psalms 62:5-8
find rest oh my soul in God alone,
my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be 
shaken.
my salvation and my honor depend on God. He is my mighty rock and refuge.
Trust in Him at all times, o people, pour out your hearts to Him, for 
God is our refuge.

No comments: