Saturday, October 06, 2012

A fancy affair

One night this past week, Isabel asked me if we could have a fancy dinner.  I'm pretty sure she got the idea from a Fancy Nancy book, but it could be an original too.  We would all wear dresses (a tie for daddy of course), princess crowns, and use the fine china.  I was making somewhat of a fancy dinner that night (a new recipe, for me at least).  How could I say no?  So I said sure.  We sent Lee an invitation (via text message):) and told him to be prepared for a fancy affair that evening.

My dish was my friend's Chicken Tikka Marsala with homemade Naan.  Lee even put our sides of rice into fancy little mounds on each plate.  It was delicious!  I was probably not prepared enough for how much time I would have to put into the dish, but it all turned out well in the end.  It was a fun evening for all.
And just for all you Grace people, here was my kitchen sink after the cooking was said and done.  Keepin it real.  And for all you non-Grace people, listen here to our pastors recent sermon series, Gospel Treason. 

No comments: